-
(v5.0.1)Display Chinese/East Asia characters
Hi all:
When I boot knoppix 5.0.1 up from CD/DVD, it will popup a Konqueror window, and the Konqueror open /cdrom/index.htm.
when I click the [JP] link, it will open the /cdrom/KNOPPIX/index_jp.htm, but the content of this page does not displayed correctly.
The same problem also occurs in other applications such as Samba Network Neighborhood�smbclient�smbtree�Kconsole, if they displaying Chinese/East Asia characters.
The only application I have tried that can display Chinese characters correctly is Firefox, but the title of Firefox window itself does not display chinese character correctly.
This problem does not occur in v4.0.2, so, is the corresponding fonts stripped out from v5.0.1 or some other reason causes this problem ?
I have tried both CD and DVD version ISO, and I got the same result.
I have tried "lang=cn" boot option, and I got the same result too.
I have tried export LANG=en_US.UTF-8 (this is now I'm using), and I got the same result too.
Thanks !
谢谢�
Similar Threads
-
By joakimk in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-01-2007, 10:54 AM
-
By 330toSRT8 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-06-2007, 07:04 PM
-
By stmue in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-11-2005, 11:46 AM
-
By markleong in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 02:25 AM
-
By ramu_i in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-18-2003, 04:33 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Western Digital Blue 3D NAND 500GB Internal 2.5" SSD - WDS500G2B0A
$49.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$36.99

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 250GB SSD 850 EVO 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive MZ7LN250 MZ-75E250
$25.99

Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99