Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: nVidia driver installation

  1. #1

    nVidia driver installation

    So I got this neato-keen DVD with Knoppix v. 5.0.1 on it and I've booted it up. I'm currently posting from within said Live DVD. What I'd like to know is how do I go about installing updated nVidia video drivers? In Windows it was as easy as just running an installation .exe but I'm not sure how to go about it in Knoppix yet. Would anyone care to explain how to install while running from a live DVD? I don't mind having to reload should I shut the damned thing off.

    Snidely

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    200
    If you go to nVidia.com, there are drivers you can download for Linux.
    http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp
    My suggestion is to follow the instructions to the letter and keep posting here if you run into trouble.

Similar Threads

  1. NVidia driver installation
    By zuki2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 02:16 AM
  2. NVIDIA Driver Installation
    By Krogen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-19-2005, 08:16 PM
  3. Nvidia Installation
    By Rink in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-02-2004, 08:54 PM
  4. nvidia driver ?
    By nIght in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-03-2003, 09:28 PM
  5. Nvidia driver in hdd...
    By aryakori in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2003, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board picture

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board

$300.00



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00