Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: anybody do this.....

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122

    anybody do this.....

    Is anybody able to use a linux media player on their kde taskbar like Windows Media Player can on the windows taskbar? I sure hope so....


  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Posts
    79

    xmms for music

    I think to refer that in linux for example you got the mplayer embedded on the firefox window

    For videos I think is ok but for music is not, so I configured the mplayer to play certain files.

    The next steps are for a hd-install, I don't know really if its what you want or if it work on a live-cd
    /home/seyya/.mplayer/mplayerplug-in.conf
    Code:
    vo=xv
    ao=alsa:device=film
    cachesize=1024
    cache-percent=35
    dload-dir=/home/seyya/Multimedia/Pelis/Trailers
    showtime=1
    enable-wmp=1
    enable-qt=1
    enable-rm=0         <== *
    enable-gmp=1
    enable-mpeg=1
    enable-mp3=1
    enable-ogg=1
    enable-midi=0
    enable-pls=0          <== *
    enable-smil=1
    enable-helix=1
    nomediacache=0
    nopauseonhide=0
    rtsp-use-tcp=0
    rtsp-use-http=0
    qt-speed=high
    osdlevel=0
    keep-download=1
    noembed=1
    Note the options I Marked with '*', I left this options disabled because for .ram, .rm files I use realplayer for linux (Helix) and for .pls files I use xmms (something like the winamp but for linux )

    That is not all for configuration, sometimes firefox don't check again this configuration so one must edit the file /home/user/.mozilla/firefox/pluginred.dat and delete or put a '#' on the lines with the type files you don't want mplayer use. More simple is going to Edit-->Preferences on firefox and make the changes like it show on the next screenshots


    With that changes I can hear music :P from the site you posted with the application xmms

    I hope this is what you asked or something that helps

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    italy
    Posts
    245
    With Konqueror: window/show navigation panel.
    Add the mplayer icon with right clicking of the mouse if it isn't on the panel by default.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    122
    thanks for the replys, I think I'll give the mplayer configuration and konquer I try, I'll post further after I have done so.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Key Tronic EP3435XTAT Keyboard FCC ID: CIG8AVEO3435 / FREE RETURNS picture

Vintage Key Tronic EP3435XTAT Keyboard FCC ID: CIG8AVEO3435 / FREE RETURNS

$199.99



Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used picture

Vintage NEC CDR-1410A 50 Pin SCSI CD-ROM Optical Drive Used

$39.99



Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ picture

Vintage Iwill XA100 Plus Super Socket 7 Motherboard + K6-III 450 + 896mb READ

$179.99



Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E picture

Vintage Desktop No Brand-Pentium 4-512MB Ram 40GB HDD ATI R200 Fire GFx OS W98E

$139.99



Vintage Lot of 20 Loadstar 5.25

Vintage Lot of 20 Loadstar 5.25" Disks for the Commodore 64k and 128k + Papers

$149.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Panasonic PanaSync S17 17

Panasonic PanaSync S17 17" CRT VGA Monitor Vintage Retro Gaming Tested Working

$99.00



DEC Vintage Pulse-to-Step Converter Driver Interface Card for DEC Systems picture

DEC Vintage Pulse-to-Step Converter Driver Interface Card for DEC Systems

$50.00



VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD A6-3500@2.10GHz 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ picture

VINTAGE Custom Built Desktop-AMD [email protected] 8GB RAM 80GB HDD NO OS-READ

$160.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99