-
problems with ppp and kppp
I am having problems with user acccounts for kppp and pppd. When trying to connect with kppp, I got a message saying could not access /var/syslog /var/messages /var/syslog.ppp. I went and did a chmod 755 to pppd and kppp and the /var/syslog & /var/messages. /var/syslog.ppp does not exist.
After trying again, I now get an error message that it cannot open the ppp log file. I can't see a ppp.log file anywhere.
As root, I can log connect no probs. Similarly, if I su from a terminal and start kppp, I can also connect. It just doesn't want to let me connect as a normal user.
My modem and connection settings are fine, as they both work on RH and Slackware, just not on this distro (Knoppix).
Similar Threads
-
By petrotraficante in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 04:34 AM
-
By el.cubano in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 12:29 PM
-
By TheBman in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-19-2004, 01:32 PM
-
By xolstis in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
-
By kc1di in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55