Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: DWL-122 and Knoppix 4.0.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2

    DWL-122 and Knoppix 4.0.2

    I've read several posts on this forum and others about getting the D-Link DWL-122 to work with Knoppix but none have dealt with the 2.6 kernel that comes with Knoppix 4.0.2. I just installed it to a Compaq Presario 1681 and aside from having no internet, it runs okay.

    I've downloaded the .inf and .sys files from the link ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/dwl122/Driver provided on http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/List and tried ndiswrapper on them. When I select the .inf file and click OK, nothing happens. It doesn't take me to the wireless setup, it just does nothing after that. Knoppix still won't even see the card. It's a very old laptop with no ethernet port, so this card is my only way of connecting it to the internet.

    I'm really excited about getting Linux installed on a computer for the first time but right now I'm stuck with something that's not even usable. If anyone can offer me advice or point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    See answer #2.
    ---
    Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    2
    Hmm, I got it working by changing the name of the driver. netprism.inf kept generating errors, so a simple change of the name did the trick. I then did

    ndiswrapper -i fixprism.inf
    ndiswrapper -l
    modprobe ndiswrapper

    Then I went into Wavelan configuration and Network card configuration. One or both of those did the trick because it's now working.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play picture

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play

$31.99



TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern picture

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern

$15.25



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord picture

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord

$49.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99