-
Junior Member
registered user
new knoppix-instaler 5.0.1
hi all
please, did some of you tested new knoppix-installer ? i Just copy my old 4.0.2 hhd install on second hdd to test it. I boot from cd and run knoppix-installer. But i did not see anywhere any option to update my old hdd install.
thankx for answer
-
I had the same problem, the update doesn't find anything to update.
I thought find_root_partitions was missing, but I found this in the modules. The problem might be that for 4.0.2 the partition size is large enough, but for 5.0.1 it's now too small, so the partition is rejected by the find_root_partitions which includes a size check.
My problem I tried to update from the 5.0.1 DVD rather than 5.0.1 CD a partition created large enough for the 4.0.2 CD install.
-
Junior Member
registered user
hi , i was little time away.
can you tell me how did you try to update? Did you just run knoppix-installer or by other way ?
thankx
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99