Learned brethren:
I've never found how to save vsynch=60 or how to get Knoppix to remember I only want two desktops, not 4. Config save remembers everything else, ok. On reboot vsynch is always wrong and desktop is set to 4 not 2. Knoppix 3, 4 or 5, it doesn't matter.
I save to /dev/sda and start up with myconfig=scan;
adding vsynch=60 to the kernel prompt doesn't help;
myconfig=/dev/sda doesn't help.
It's a minor thing, but I'd like to tweak these two parameters.
Any ideas?

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98