Can you not go to System -> Networking and then choose eth0 as the default interface to connect with?
Hi I have a Knoppix 5 Hard drive installation. I have two NICs on my machine-eth0 is ethernet and eth1 is wireless. I don't have a wireless provider but Knoppix keeps picking and using eth1 by default. In order to use the network I have to keep runing the following command every few minutes
ifconfig eth1 down
ifconfig eth0 up
pump -i eth0
I tried to make these changes permanent by adding "ifdown eth1" to my /etc/network/interfaces file but the stubborn eth1 keeps coming up everytime. Is this because of some periodic dhcp client pinging? If it is then how do I stop it? The wireless NIC is inbuilt and I can't even remove it.
I am a newbe at this. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Can you not go to System -> Networking and then choose eth0 as the default interface to connect with?
Are you able to shut-off the wireless interface in the BIOS? You SHOULD be able to do this and then Knoppix can't see the interface.

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99