I have been reading articles all over the net, how people are booting their Linux distributions from iso images on their hd’s
I have even tried a number of the explanations and howto’s with no luck.
Is it actually possible to do this? As I have also found many forums saying its not possible!
What I want to do is set-up a boot in my grub menu called test and have an iso file on my hd called “test.isoâ€?
What I was hoping I could do with this is download different live disks and change the name to test.iso overwriting the
test image and reboot from the new iso to test the distribution without the hassle of burning cd’s etc
I would really like to do this with grub if that is possible and don’t really want to have the iso image extracted in anyway
Could someone talk me through this if it is indeed possible or point me to an up-to-date explanation as I have become more confused looking round google then I first was when I started lol
Thanks in advance
Stephen

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$354.48
Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS
$127.54
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
DELL Precision T3420 | Xeon 1240v6 | 525GB SSD |16GB RAM |Nvidia GPU |Win11
$149.00
HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95
$89.99