-
Knoppix 5.0 - no sound
Hi,
I recently installed Knoppix 5.0 (after almost a year of Knoppix 4.0), and I am now facing a problem when playing audio files.
My sound card is an Intel Corporation 82801DB AC'97. It is recognized by Alsa, and I can see the various controls on Kmix.
Now, when I try to play an MP3 with xmms or Kaffeine, I can hear no sound, even though I can see that the track is playing. I have already checked that the volume is up in Kmix, and that Arts is not running at the same time, to be sure, I have also disabled the sound system.
But there is no sound whatsoever.
I started xmms from command line, but I get no error. Instead when I started Kaffeine from command line, I got this:
Code:
mmanu@scatoletta:~$ kaffeine /home/mmanu/01-faithless-introduction-esc.mp3
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 : : No such file or directory
QLayout "unnamed" added to QWidget "unnamed", which already has a layout
mmanu@scatoletta:~$ [mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
[mpeg4 @ 0xb5c2dc44]header damaged
I am not sure whether this is related to my sound card or just to Kaffeine.
I also run alsaconf to to be sure that everything was installed correctly, but I had no result.
If anybody could help me, I would be grateful.
Thanks for your time.
Similar Threads
-
By saxguy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 06:15 PM
-
By spitfire in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 40
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:45 PM
-
By ICE_STORM in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 11:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T480s | i5-8350U | 256GB NVMe | 8GB RAM | W11 Pro | W/AC Adapter
$169.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11
$329.99

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3i 15.3" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core 7 350 2026 ...
$679.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99