-
Junior Member
registered user
kdeinit abort. No write access to /home/myhome/.ICEauthority
Hello,
I have a Knoppix 4 DVD hdinstall and I can't start a proper kde session. After typing in my user name and password at the login screen, the "setting up interprocess communication" phase gets stuck. I get an error mesage:
No write access to /home/myhome/.ICEauthority. Could not start KSMserver
I was able to get in with a fail safe mode session and checked out the file ownership and access permissions for the .ICEauthority file: -rw----- root root. If I try to run kicker, I get the same error message given by kdeinit. This may or may not have something to do with a postgresql configuration I did a while ago. I manage to run some programs in the fail safe mode, but it's time to get KDE back to normal.
Advice please? Thanks.
Frank
Similar Threads
-
By tusses in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2008, 03:40 PM
-
By sl1dey in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-12-2006, 07:29 PM
-
By frugalyankee in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-09-2005, 03:48 AM
-
By Garibaldi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 04:27 PM
-
By Zibar in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-20-2003, 06:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z890-P WIFI Z890 LGA 1851 ATX motherboard, Intel® Core™ Ultra Series
$235.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

Asus Prime B660M-A AC D4 Motherboard Intel LGA 1700 14th 13th 12th Gen DDR4
$79.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99