-
As per Adaptec documentation, turns out that the Adaptec AHA-2910C SCSI card is not bootable.
So I used the suggestions mentioned in this post:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ht=loadlin+exe
Now I boot from a DOS floppy.
Instead of using the CDROM, I copied the contents of the
KNOPPIX CD on an 800 Mb FAT partition on the SCSI disk.
(I need the CDROM to be free for other uses.)
I used Adaptec's scsi drivers to boot from the floppy
and access the 800 Mb "C" drive.
Loadlin can boot linux.
In other words, loadlin.exe on the floppy (for DOS) boots Kooppix (on the SCSI hard disk).
Similar Threads
-
By jmcla in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-28-2004, 01:28 AM
-
By wa in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 05:21 AM
-
By JugglingSuns120 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-08-2004, 01:08 AM
-
By Cuddles in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 04:09 PM
-
By jmassengill in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-11-2002, 09:09 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

GIGABYTE Motherboard, INTEL CPU, COOLER Combo
$65.00

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99