I have been trying to download the iso from various sites and it fails everytime. I think something is wrong with the iso. Never had a problem before.
Hi
After downloading the CD iso file, burning to CD, trying out Knoppix and liking it very much, I'm trying to download and run the DVD iso file from various sites. It downloads as a 47.5MB file, but I'm trying to download the 4GB file. Sorry for the dumb question, but I'm new to the Linux world.![]()
How can I download the full 4GB DVD iso file? Thanks.
I have been trying to download the iso from various sites and it fails everytime. I think something is wrong with the iso. Never had a problem before.
The iso is too large to fit on a FAT partition.Originally Posted by Merv02
See the above. And it may also be your choice of downloading tools, some tools also have the 4 gig limit problem. Use a current copy of BitTorrent as recommended.Originally Posted by btjiii
You are not the only ones who have this problem http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...=104110#104110
Your best bet is to use bittorrent. If you can't use that then try to download it with via FTP with a good ftp client. On Windows I use FileZilla.
I'm trying it again right now. So far so good. I never had a problem downloading the file before, with previous versions. The last time I tried to download this one it got to 99% (4G) before it failed. I used the ftp client in Konquerorthe last time. And I am doing the same this time.
Well it failed again at 99%. I will try using Gozilla and see how that works.
Are you trying to save the file to a FAT partition? If so, there are file size limitations for that file system.Originally Posted by btjiii
Seeing that the file fails at 99%, it looks like a 4Gig file size limitation. The ISO is just OVER 4Gig, so it will not save to a FAT partition, nor will all download clients work with such a large file. Bittorrent is the preferred method for download. See: www.bittorrent.com for more info and to download the program.
To assume that the ISO is faulty would be incorrect. I downloaded mine and have no trouble. Many other people have downloaded it and have no trouble either. It might just be the process or destination in your case. There has been good information posted for you previously and I would recommend that you not ignore it, if you want success with the download.
Ei, after downloading the iso file and burned it into cd, i wasn't able to boot from it.i already change the boot priority in my bios setup.pls. help me.thanks
See answer #1.Originally Posted by basqui
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Thanks for the replies Harry and all. The problem was not FAT32 file size limitation as I use NTFS. The problem was with Internet Explorer version 6 I'm using.
I tried the same download using Firefox and bingo ... downloaded first time! It took 22 hours on my ADSL as an ordinary download, not using BitTorrent.
Looking forward to trying out the DVD version. Thanks again.![]()

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$225.00
Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
HP ProLiant DL385 Gen10 Plus V2 2U Server 2x 2.5" 2x EPYC 7601 2.2GHz 2x M.2 1TB
$3500.00
Dell PowerEdge R630 1U Rack Server 2x Xeon E5-2620 v3 32GB DDR4 RAM No HDD
$259.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
RDS CAL - Remote Desktop Services Windows Server 2022 50 User/Device Connections
$68.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99