I can also logon to my router (from the laptop) with FireFox and under the 'DHCP Active IP Table' I can see my laptop and it's ip have been loged.
My Router is a 'Linksys BEFW1154 V4'
I was using Knoppix 4 and I had no problem with getting online with my laptop wireless card (Found as eth1 in Knoppix 4) I have upgraded to knoppix 5 LiveCD and now my wireless card shows up as ath0. But netcardconfig does not see ath0. I found the following online
I tried that with no success. By using the KWifiManager I get full signal strength and it shows the name of my network. My IPadress is unavailable. And I'm unable to ping any computers on my network. then I used 'ifconfig ath0 192.168.1.xxx' to set an IP address. I can now ping the other computers and see the share folder with Samba. But I still have no Internet access. I've tried all this with my WEP turn on and also with is turn off just to be sure that it was not causeing any problem. I'm new to linux and this is the extent of what I know on the subject and need help moveing on. Any help is appreciated.10. Madwifi modules are back in 3.8.2 but netcardconfig doesn't work with Atheros network devices ath* (ex. ath0). Solution: change line 73 of netcardconfig from NETDEVICES="$(cat /proc/net/dev | awk -F: '/eth.tr.
wlan.:/{print $1}')" to NETDEVICES="$(cat /proc/net/dev | awk -F: '/eth.
tr.
wlan.
ath.:/{print $1}')" adding |ath.: save file in your home directory and run from there.
Thanks
I can also logon to my router (from the laptop) with FireFox and under the 'DHCP Active IP Table' I can see my laptop and it's ip have been loged.
My Router is a 'Linksys BEFW1154 V4'

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00
Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00