-
ath0 not found in Knoppix 5.0
I was using Knoppix 4 and I had no problem with getting online with my laptop wireless card (Found as eth1 in Knoppix 4) I have upgraded to knoppix 5 LiveCD and now my wireless card shows up as ath0. But netcardconfig does not see ath0. I found the following online
10. Madwifi modules are back in 3.8.2 but netcardconfig doesn't work with Atheros network devices ath* (ex. ath0). Solution: change line 73 of netcardconfig from NETDEVICES="$(cat /proc/net/dev | awk -F: '/eth.

tr.

wlan.:/{print $1}')" to NETDEVICES="$(cat /proc/net/dev | awk -F: '/eth.

tr.

wlan.

ath.:/{print $1}')" adding |ath.: save file in your home directory and run from there.
I tried that with no success. By using the KWifiManager I get full signal strength and it shows the name of my network. My IPadress is unavailable. And I'm unable to ping any computers on my network. then I used 'ifconfig ath0 192.168.1.xxx' to set an IP address. I can now ping the other computers and see the share folder with Samba. But I still have no Internet access. I've tried all this with my WEP turn on and also with is turn off just to be sure that it was not causeing any problem. I'm new to linux and this is the extent of what I know on the subject and need help moveing on. Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Israel in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
-
By LargePig in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-21-2006, 08:10 AM
-
By iminj in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
-
By HeinzW in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
-
By metonymy in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Lot 500 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$65000.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

288GB 18x Mixed Brand 16GB Mixed Speed RAM TESTED
$900.00

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

G.SKILL FLARE X5 64GB (2 x 32GB) 6000 MT/s DDR5 (AMD EXPO + INTEL XMP) *CL30*
$785.00

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$43.00