-
5.0.1 (2006-06-01) DVD AND CD and networking.
I started to try out the 5.0.1 on a AMD 1 Ghz, 512 MByte with a 3COM NIC. I got a similar
picture of the network trouble as discribed by sean,1986:
a) dhcp configuration worked fine (!) with my DSL router - DHCP server combination provided
by my telecommunication supplier
ifconfig showed up the expected network address, broadcast addr and netmask
b) a ping to the DHCP server failed: host unreachable message.
c) dns and all other services fail
d) while observing ip traffic, I saw activieties on the loop back device while pinging (lo)
e) the 5.0.1-host is also not visible within the local network
f) I tried the full installation of 5.0.1 and did a full manual network configuration.
The malfunction is still the same.
I hope that there is someone out who can put together the dangling ends - I'm sure
the hardware is correct and I saw that the setup of the network worked correctly. The big
question is: why does everything works fine with 4.0.2 (also in my case) - is there a trick
with respect to features of the kernel or something like that (pure speculation)
Best regards
Similar Threads
-
By Seyyapc in forum Games
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-27-2007, 04:11 PM
-
By ockham23 in forum Klik
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-22-2006, 10:24 AM
-
By sensler in forum German Forum
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-26-2006, 05:09 PM
-
By wolfgang-s in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-23-2006, 07:31 AM
-
By rmalaval in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 64GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$490.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Intel Xeon E5-2650 v4 32GB RAM No Drives/OS Server
$325.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99