-
Thanks Malaire, Harry et al for the input.
I tried the two codes but I still get the same error message.
mount: /dev/hda5 already mounted or /home/knoppix/hda5 busy
I find that knoppix is able to detect the removable usb drive(already mounted). However it can only read from the usb drive and not write to it and I find that I cannot change the read write permissions even from root using chmod. It tells me that the disk is only readable whereas I could do both read and write from windows.
Similar Threads
-
By Tenfjord in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 05:41 AM
-
By NinaBlount in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 12:43 AM
-
By Myster_fr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2004, 02:25 AM
-
By Thaidog in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 02:23 PM
-
By Pisces_Australis in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 11:00 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE X570 UD AM4 motherboard +AMD Ryzen 9 3900x CPU+Cooler
$250.00

ASUS Prime B550M-K DDR4 Micro ATX Motherboard
$30.00

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$101.99

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

Dell Precision 3650 Tower Intel LGA 1200 DDR4 Desktop Motherboard NDYHG
$59.99

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99