-
Windows XP Will NOT Boot - Idiot Knoppix User Trying to Fix.
My Dell laptop (D600) running Windows XP died on me this weekend. Windows will not boot. When I run diagnostics I reviece the following error: DST Short Test Fail. Error 1000-0146. I alspo receive Error Code: 0F00:1A44 during IDE Disk Verify Test and Error Code: 0F00:0244 during IDE Disk Read Test. I contacted Dell Tech Support. They informed my the HD is toast. My company's IT department wants the HD, but I'm afraid they'll pull the Ole Reformat Game on me. Unfortunately, I haven't backed any of the data of the machine in a good long time. I'm trying to use Knoppix to troubleshoot / recover the data from my HD. With Knoppix booted, I can see the HD, but the folder / file names are not legiable. Does Knoppix have utilities to run scandisk or defragmet? Or any other suggestions would help.
Similar Threads
-
By MichaelYoung in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-05-2006, 05:03 AM
-
By sakiZ in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
-
By HisHighness in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 01:09 AM
-
By zspecfenix17 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2005, 05:58 PM
-
By area in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-30-2003, 07:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.72