-
hda: lost interrupt
Hi,
I have been running Knoppix 4.0.2 hard disk install for several months and lately I have been having trouble when I reboot my PC. The boot procedure will hang with the message "hda: lost interrupt". If I cycle power, it may boot OK. It used to be that one power off cycle would allow the knoppix to boot, but lately the number of power cycles has grown. The last time I rebooted it took six power cycles. Surprisingly, I have had no trouble booting live CD's like the Knoppix 4.0.2 CD or Mepis or Kubuntu 6.06 LTS. Once I do succeed botting the system, it seems to run fine. My current uptime is 6 days, 12 hours.
I thought it might be a heat problem, but I have let the system set overnight before trying to boot it and it didn't seem to make any difference.
smartctl indicates no errors, so I think that a disk problems are not the explanation.
I have an inexpensive motherboard with VIA KM266Pro Northbridge and VT8235 Southbridge chipsets which provide the Ultra DMA ATA133/100/66/33. My cpu is an AMD Sempron 2800. Is that likely to be the problem?
I am running kernel 2.6.12. Is there is a known device driver problem for my IDE hardware?
The next time I have to reboot, I will install 5.0.1 to see if that makes a difference.
I would appreciate any suggestions, before I replace my system board, CPU and memory. Also, I am not pleased with the prospect of giving up Knoppix.
Thanks in advance,
Don
Similar Threads
-
By Matabus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 06:30 AM
-
By ps56k in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2005, 10:27 PM
-
By Yakumo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 10:03 PM
-
By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 02:13 AM
-
By bureado in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 05:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-14700K Processor (BRAND NEW)
$330.00