-
OpenOffice for Kanotix
I have Kanotix loaded on a hdd. I would like to get OpenOffice installed. I followed the instructions in http://www.reallylinux.com/docs/oo2install.shtml. But that seems to be quite involved and requiring the install of a number of other programs. I get all kinds of error messages of files that are missing even though they are there. I even got an error that "this APT has Super Cow Power"
Is there a better way to do this? I have a lot of M$oft files I'd like to convert to OpenOffice.
Ron
-
Senior Member
registered user
I started with the Kanotix 2005-04 distribution which already has it on. The Kanotix IRC is the best place to get immediate advice :
From Kanotix IRC : "OpenOffice" is first: apt-get remove --purge ash-kanotix ooo-kanotix openoffice.org2 [if present] then, for [DE] : apt-get install openoffice.org openoffice.org-kde openoffice.org-l10n-de myspell-de-de openoffice.org-thesaurus-de ; or,for [EN]: apt-get install openoffice.org openoffice.org-kde myspell-en-us openoffice.org-thesaurus-en-us (myspell-en-gb)
-
Senior Member
registered user
klik://openoffice
Similar Threads
-
By mmuellner in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-09-2008, 06:37 AM
-
By angor in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-04-2006, 01:16 PM
-
By spurious in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-14-2006, 08:22 PM
-
By bklynjames in forum The Lounge
Replies: 9
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 02:06 PM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

IBM 01YM308 Storwize V7000 G3 for 2076-724 Internal Storage System Control Node
$749.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99