-
Junior Member
registered user
Resetting Windows XP password with Knoppix 5.0
Knoppix 5 has been recently release with support for NTFS read and write feature.
On one of my Windows XP computer I have forget the Administrator password, I booted it with Knoppix 5 and set the C drive in read/write mode. After that I deleted the SAM file of Windows/system32, which contain the Windows XP password(as far as I know). But now I am facing new problem. When I start my Windows XP following error appears
Code:
Isass.exe-System Error
Security Accounts Manager initialization failed because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning. Error Status: 0xc0000001. Please click OK to shutdown this systen and reboot into Safe Mode, check the event log for more detailed infomation.
I even coppied SAM file from other computer to this computer and also booted in Safe Mode, but still same error, sam message.
Please advice me how to solve the problem. THANKS
Similar Threads
-
By askme in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 09-25-2017, 02:47 AM
-
By spiferpipit in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-30-2007, 06:55 AM
-
By ferrel in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-08-2005, 09:48 PM
-
By archiebald in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-12-2005, 05:04 PM
-
By duah55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 05:50 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99