-
Junior Member
registered user
5.0.1 Does not find my router or DSL modem.
I downloaded both the DVD of 5.0.1 (2 June) and the CD of 5.0.1 (3 June) and booted from each of them on my Asus A7N8X Deluxe Mobo as well as my Asrock 939 Dual Sata2. Everything came up as expected until I opened Firefox. The program could not find the net. I have an SMC7004ABR Barricade router and Speedstream DSL Modem. The systems are connected through the respective onboard ethernet connectors to the router. When I run ipconfig I get what looks like the correct information. It looks as if it matches the information I get from version 3.9 after running ipconfig. When I'm running Knoppix 3.9 it can connect to the internet and let me surf the web. All previous versions back to 3.7 just recognized the router and dsl modem and let firefox/mozilla get onto the net. Where do I begin to diagnose this? I've never had to do this before on Knoppix.
Similar Threads
-
By ar in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-26-2005, 07:51 AM
-
By wsg in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 23
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 12:06 PM
-
By master_b in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-14-2004, 04:31 AM
-
By megahertzme in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 10:10 AM
-
By tommyf in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-23-2003, 10:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari SX212 Modem for IBM Systems w/ Box, Owner's Manual & Power Adapter NOS
$125.00

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00