-
Black screen when booting Knoppix
I just downloaded the Knoppix 5.0.1 DVD, but I have had no luck in accessing the GUI. Everything seems fine during the initial booting sequence, but shortly after configuring peripherals the screen just goes blank and nothing works. Keyboard lights don't respond, the CPU light isn't busy, and the only way to get out of it is a hard boot.
When booting with "knoppix 4", I am able to access the console. However, once I try loading the GUI with startx, the screen goes black.
I am using an ATI X850 Pro on a Dell FP2001 monitor. I have tried a few other Linux distros (SuSE 10.1, Auditor Live CD, and Backtrack Live CD) which did not exhibit any display problems.
Similar Threads
-
By bubazoo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-19-2007, 01:34 PM
-
By Josh83 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2005, 05:19 PM
-
By feffer777 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 07:40 AM
-
By gradnite in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 07:30 PM
-
By Cykke in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95