-
Junior Member
registered user
I forgot to mention that I can access this DVD just fine on another machine, so it's probably the hardware.
Anyway, the way Knoppix makes sense to me is two possible ways:
1) Carrying the DVD (and a CD for old machines) around with a pen drive, so I can boot in any machine (this implies generally not having a boot loader), or
2) While working at home, booting off the hard drive. As long as I can get that stuff in the machine from my local network, I don't care if my CD/DVD won't boot it. So I don't need SBM to coax the drive there either.
However I have been playing with IPUG's grub4dos thing, at least for the boot off HD (which ain't working very well either - see adjacent thread). Aren't computers fun?
Similar Threads
-
By aduncan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
-
By ugo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 04:02 PM
-
By B@se in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-25-2005, 07:23 PM
-
By Ryan450 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2005, 05:28 AM
-
By AcEtOkE in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 02:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5 128GB Samsung KEY BOARD 128GB
$150.00

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung Solid State Drive Model 2.5 in Internal SSD Gray/Black
$149.00

Samsung NP700Z5C 15.6" Laptop Intel Core i7-3635QM 8GB Ram NO HD/OS (FL)
$24.99

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00