-
Junior Member
registered user
I forgot to mention that I can access this DVD just fine on another machine, so it's probably the hardware.
Anyway, the way Knoppix makes sense to me is two possible ways:
1) Carrying the DVD (and a CD for old machines) around with a pen drive, so I can boot in any machine (this implies generally not having a boot loader), or
2) While working at home, booting off the hard drive. As long as I can get that stuff in the machine from my local network, I don't care if my CD/DVD won't boot it. So I don't need SBM to coax the drive there either.
However I have been playing with IPUG's grub4dos thing, at least for the boot off HD (which ain't working very well either - see adjacent thread). Aren't computers fun?
Similar Threads
-
By aduncan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-15-2009, 09:54 AM
-
By ugo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-02-2005, 04:02 PM
-
By B@se in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-25-2005, 07:23 PM
-
By Ryan450 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-17-2005, 05:28 AM
-
By AcEtOkE in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-30-2004, 02:17 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

WaterSaver CT4880F-225WSA Vacuum VAC Panel Mount Needle Valve 3/8" IPS 1 Pc
$78.00

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$162.04

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

US Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kits
$13.89

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Mini Computer Vacuum Cleaner & Compressed Air Duster 14500Pa, 110000RPM, Cordles
$53.99

WeePro Compressed Air Duster 180000RPM Cordless Mini Turbo Fan, 3-Speed Vacuum
$149.99