Contrary to what probably seems like common sense, you need both the inf file AND the sys file. Try putting the sys file in there and try again.
Hi ..
Am attempting to get Knoppix 4.02 up and running with my wireless network .. I have a broadcom card and during setup it says that it has found my card .. After startup I loaded the neccessary files [bcmwl5a.inf] .. went thru the ndiswrapper procedure .. but when I then went to either the lan card config or net card config there was no sign of the system acknowlegdeing the wireless card .. I then did a pci check and sure enough it said 'yes' you have a broadcom card .. BUT I cannot get the system to allow it to work ????
I have run out of ideas ... any help would be greatly appreciated
system is an HP pavillon ze2311US with 1gb of ram, running an AMD sempron, xp pro with SP2. Dlink Di 524 router and wireless works fine under normal windows conditions
TIA
Wolf
Contrary to what probably seems like common sense, you need both the inf file AND the sys file. Try putting the sys file in there and try again.
>Contrary to what probably seems like common sense, you need both the inf file AND the sys file. Try putting the sys file in there and try again<
the .sys file was already there ... ndiswrapper found and installed same but as I had indicated Knoppix [4.02] still did not acknowledge the braodcom card although as i indicated it did come up in the pcima listing when queried under 'root'
but thanks for the thought ... i have made some 'dont forget to plug it in' mistakes in my time
wolf

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121
$69.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$545.25
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
$849.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$330.73
1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop
$29.99