-
Junior Member
registered user
What can I install if I can't install new 5.0.1? Debian?
What linux software is close to knoppix that I could install?
I looked on the Debian site but I have zero clue how to download that ,or how it works. The different ways to install have me confused. I have a Hp a730n desktop with a 3.00 intel p4 and 1 gb ram with a 200gb harddrive. I split the harddrive in half so I could install knoppix, but when I tried it just messed up my machine. Does anyone live near Rochester N.Y? I'll just pay someone to install the software. I just want to get started and get going so I can learn things. I don't like using the live disk. Then when I download the plugins and turn off the computer they are gone.Of course any software thats close to knoppix would be the best. I tried CentOS a few times and I had zero clue how to use that.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Got network access on the system that you want to install to? Go here. Download the ISO from the first line that is right for you, i386 for most pc users, ia64 if you have a 64 bit system. Burn it to CDR or CDRW. Make sure that you have some unpartitioned space available on the hard drive (delete that old Knoppix mistake if you have not already done so). Boot the CD you made. Go through the dialog. When you get to the software selection point install the "Desktop environment" if you want a GUI (it will install Gnome, you can always apt-get KDE if you want that). Good Luck.
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Similar Threads
-
By viabsb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-03-2005, 03:25 PM
-
By whoeverheis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-28-2005, 12:41 AM
-
By susanjohnson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2005, 11:36 AM
-
By agendelman in forum The Lounge
Replies: 53
Last Post: 11-20-2004, 09:42 PM
-
By Jez in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-09-2004, 09:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99
$24.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper Networks EX3400-24T 24-Port Ethernet Switch w/Power Cord
$174.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99