-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Questions about saved config and persistent home
I can answer these 2 questions:

Originally Posted by
PaulBx1
5) I'm guessing regular Knoppix programs, like Konqueror, save things under /home, right?
6) Programs like Firefox do not, so Firefox bookmarks are not saved unless a replacement Firefox is installed under /home, right? And emails in Thunderbird, same way, right?
I'll be back to ask more, probably...
Allmost everything saves things under /home, even Firefox and Thunderbird.
If your username is "knoppix", then Firefox saves bookmarks to
/home/knoppix/.mozilla/firefox/*.default/bookmarks.html
where '*' is some random chars.
I don't use Thunderbird, so I'm not 100% sure where it saves the emails, but I'd quess somewhere in /home/knoppix/.mozilla
Similar Threads
-
By ammonman in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-25-2007, 10:29 AM
-
By PaulBx1 in forum Ideas
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-15-2006, 05:36 AM
-
By Robert A. in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-03-2005, 01:51 PM
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 02:27 PM
-
By kayl in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99

Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00