Same problem here with a Radeon 8500DV... I tried xmodule=ati and xmodule=radeon, both of which cause X to bail...
if I don't specify any parameters, it will load using VESA, but it's slow and flickery![]()
I've tried knopix xmodule=ati, but if I use that it never completes booting. Without it, it seems to run ok, but chromium runs like a snail, and my resolutions/refresh rates aren't very desirable.
Any ideas?
Same problem here with a Radeon 8500DV... I tried xmodule=ati and xmodule=radeon, both of which cause X to bail...
if I don't specify any parameters, it will load using VESA, but it's slow and flickery![]()

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Netac 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATA Solid State Drive lot PC Laptop
$250.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00