Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: ath0 not found in Knoppix 5.0

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4

    ath0 not found in Knoppix 5.0

    I was using Knoppix 4 and I had no problem with getting online with my laptop wireless card (Found as eth1 in Knoppix 4) I have upgraded to knoppix 5 LiveCD and now my wireless card shows up as ath0. But netcardconfig does not see ath0. I found the following online

    10. Madwifi modules are back in 3.8.2 but netcardconfig doesn't work with Atheros network devices ath* (ex. ath0). Solution: change line 73 of netcardconfig from NETDEVICES="$(cat /proc/net/dev | awk -F: '/eth.tr.wlan.:/{print $1}')" to NETDEVICES="$(cat /proc/net/dev | awk -F: '/eth.tr.wlan.ath.:/{print $1}')" adding |ath.: save file in your home directory and run from there.
    I tried that with no success. By using the KWifiManager I get full signal strength and it shows the name of my network. My IPadress is unavailable. And I'm unable to ping any computers on my network. then I used 'ifconfig ath0 192.168.1.xxx' to set an IP address. I can now ping the other computers and see the share folder with Samba. But I still have no Internet access. I've tried all this with my WEP turn on and also with is turn off just to be sure that it was not causeing any problem. I'm new to linux and this is the extent of what I know on the subject and need help moveing on. Any help is appreciated.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    4
    I can also logon to my router (from the laptop) with FireFox and under the 'DHCP Active IP Table' I can see my laptop and it's ip have been loged.

    My Router is a 'Linksys BEFW1154 V4'

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-17-2006, 08:14 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2006, 08:10 AM
  3. Atheros (ath0) Problem in ver 4.0.2 (CD)
    By iminj in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 06:35 PM
  4. how to configure DNS for WLAN-card ath0
    By HeinzW in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 07:39 PM
  5. wireless interface ath0 on a sony k-13
    By metonymy in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-11-2004, 01:25 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields. picture

Compo MSI B150I GAMING PRO AC LGA1151 16 Gb DDR4 + Cpu I7 6700+I/O Shields.

$159.00



Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK picture

Dell XPS 8940 Desktop Motherboard Intel H470 LGA1200 DDR4 K3CM7 KV3RP 427JK

$154.99