Is there a way I can check if the CD will boot before I burn it?
Just for not keep loosing so many CDs...
Hey guys,
I have a kurumin linux, witch is based on KNOPPIX.
I have been trying to remaster a new CD so I can you on other machines with my application on it.
So, I have done all steps, but it just do not boot from CD.
I have used this command to generate the .iso file:
mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/knoppix.iso /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/
dont the -no-emul-boot remove the "ability" to boot from CD?
pls help!
thx.
Is there a way I can check if the CD will boot before I burn it?
Just for not keep loosing so many CDs...
Yes, install emulator software such as qemu/kqemu or VMware Server/Workstation.
Or use CD-RW media if the iso file is less than 700MB.
Well, IT IS WORKING....
I realised that my VMware software was wrong, it wasnt booting from the CD it does on windows..
thx for the help;

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00
RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00
Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00
Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00
Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00
Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00
HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit #2
$838.50
Amiga 2000 2630/CPU 68030 25Mhz
$300.00
NOB AlfaData AlfaScan Plus Hand Scanner for Commodore Amiga 256 Grayscale RARE
$149.99
Pi1541 Zero with Epyx Fastload Hat, Case & 16gb SD for Commodore 64 and 128
$79.99