Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: SOLVED [KDE 3.5.3 fails loading desktop]

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear tapsa,

    it is very nice to have the solution on this problem.

    Thanks a lot. I will try it on Monday!!!!

    B. R.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear tapsa,

    iYES!!! your solution working as a dream.

    Thanks a lot again!!!

    B. R.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear tapsa, Dear All
    regarding the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession file, do you know where used and why, especially in case of full Hard Disk installation?
    It is strange but if I removed the file, the KDE can started but I loss the screen resolution, it is not possible to get 1280x1024 (I got 1024x76. If I put back the 45xsession and ofcourse I restart the kdm (/etc/init,d/kdm restart) I have back my good 1280x1024 resolution...
    Strange e?...
    Please is there somebody that can help me to get rid of the 45xsession file???

    Best Regards,
    Mike Kranidis

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by mikekgr
    regarding the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession file, do you know where used and why, especially in case of full Hard Disk installation?
    It is strange but if I removed the file, the KDE can started but I loss the screen resolution, it is not possible to get 1280x1024 (I got 1024x76. If I put back the 45xsession and ofcourse I restart the kdm (/etc/init,d/kdm restart) I have back my good 1280x1024 resolution...
    Strange e?...
    Please is there somebody that can help me to get rid of the 45xsession file???
    You should NOT have 45xsession after hd installation. It is used ONLY in liveCD sto start window managers. After hd installation you usually have KDM where you login to X and KDE. Of course you can enable AutoLogin from /etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc, too.

    But your problem. What happens to other usernames? Does same problem exist in them, too? If not, your problem is with /home/user_name or in /tmp permissions or settings. Perhaps renaming /home/user_name/.kde to something else and copying new KDE settings from /etc/skel/.kde helps (cp -rp /etc/skel/.kde /home/user_name/.kde and chown -R user_name:group_name /home/user_name/.kde). Be sure that owner of /tmp, /tmp/.ICE-unix and /tmp/.X11-unix is root and permissions are 1777 (use command la to check this):
    Code:
    drwxrwxrwt  2 root  root   112 2006-09-10 17:06 .ICE-unix
    drwxrwxrwt  2 root  root    72 2006-09-10 17:06 .X11-unix
    On thing more: What options are available ins /etc/X11/xorg.conf in Section "Screen"?. I think that Knoppix liveCD uses Knoppix specific /usr/sbin/mkxorgconfig file to build xorg.conf file.

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    Dear tapsa,

    from the beginning (since 2004) this knoppix hard disk installation (Debian like) uses 45xsession although I use kdm as login manager (normally started from /etc/init.d/kdm start) I don't know why. If I remove it, then, it is possible to have kde running (first kdm at 1280x1024 and then kde at 1024x768!!!) but with screen resolution funny problems!!!
    I will check all these that you wrote to me (many thanks) and I will let you know.
    It is common now, always I suffer from strange problems tho...

    Best Regards,
    Mike Kranidis

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Piraeus / Hellas
    Posts
    121
    SOLVED!
    The problem related with the KDE screen resolution it was related to a kde program that sets kde resolution and by mistake had set 1024x768.

    Now all working fine AND without 45xsession.

    Mr. tapsa again many thanks.

    Best Regards,
    Mike Kranidis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. PXE Boot fails while loading Vmlinuz
    By Masiaka in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-12-2008, 06:35 AM
  2. 5.1 HAS MOUSE BUT CANT GET PASS DESKTOP LOADING
    By beech1 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2008, 08:25 PM
  3. kde-3.5.1 installed -desktop dont allow picures [solved]
    By ramaswamyps in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-19-2006, 06:57 PM
  4. ataraid fails
    By dtlin in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 12:26 PM
  5. Nessus fails
    By blase in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2003, 06:51 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer picture

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer

$2999.99



Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503 picture

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503

$109.99



1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates picture

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates

$36.00



Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board picture

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board

$24.99



Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01 picture

Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01

$127.06



Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare picture

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare

$179.00



VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare picture

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare

$380.00



Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable picture

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable

$75.00



VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A picture

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A

$22.67



Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card picture

Pinnacle Systems GmbH BigBen-51015544-1.2A PCI Video Capture Card

$26.21