' apt-cache search chess |sort ' came up with a few things you could look into:
gnuchess
xboard
3dchess
crafty
--I dunno about the clock tho, might have to do that one manually.
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Do any of you know of any software I could use to replace one chess set and clock for 2 players over a LAN? I would like to use something like this in my chess club running KNOPPIX.
TIA,
' apt-cache search chess |sort ' came up with a few things you could look into:
gnuchess
xboard
3dchess
crafty
--I dunno about the clock tho, might have to do that one manually.
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
How about rgXnetchess? I can't get it to compile! Please see
http://www2.uni-jena.de/allgpsy/rg/chess.html
and let me know what I'm doing wrong....
TIA,
Its looking to compile the Qt libraries. How do i include these on the compile line?
I have a c++ class that uses the X11 graphics libraries and my compile line is something like:
g++ -o myprog myprog.cc ccc_x11.cpp ccc_shap.cpp -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11
Do I need something like -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lX11 for the Qt libs?
The code looked like C, so I tried:
gcc -o chess chess.cc
and got tons of errors.
Then I tried g++ like this:
g++ -o chess chess.cc
and it can't find all the Qt #include lines!
How do i fix this?
TIA,
usually you would cd to the source directory and use:
make
I went to the webpage and there is a statically linked binary there, have you tried that, with all of the qt version problems that is what I'd try.
HTH
rock
I tried make and got no where!
Let me look at the static lib.
Thanx,
OK, I looked at the static and dynamic libraries. I must be dense, but what exactly can I do with these???![]()
TIA,
Ok, I tried the following compile line:
g++ -o chess chess.cc -I/usr/include/qt
Now I get the Qt libraries, but still no compile!![]()
Regards,
--Have you seen glChess? http://www.happypenguin.org/show?glChess
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
Yes, I have seen glChess, but you can't play over a network. The problem is I can't find ANY chess program where I can play an opponent over a LAN in real time with a chess clock! rgXnetchess, based on xboard, is supposed to do exactly that.
Thanx anyway!
Regards,

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00
Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99
Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE
$190.99