Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Chess Software over LAN?

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    I looked at the static and dynamic libraries
    they are static and dynamic binaries not libraries!

    what exactly can I do with these???
    execute them


    FYI, the rgXnetchess static binary works fine on my debian woody installs but won't run on my knoppix or morphix machines, maybe try the dynamic rgXnetchess binary.

    rock

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Oh, so these are the compiled programs??? I couldn't get them to work before, so I thought they were compiled libraries for Qt. When I unzipped them, they were not executable, I suppose I could chmod....

    Thanx,

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    If after chmoding them they won't work it's because of something caused by knoppix or morphix, because they run on my woody install just fine.

    You may need to build a debian system for your server and use knoppix for your clients.

    rock

  4. #14
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Yup, I got the same results as you did, Rock. I tried both the static and dynamic binaries, chmoded them to 755 and couldn't execute either one of them neither from a regular shell nor from a roor shell. I tried root shell because bash was saying that the file wasn't there when I tried to run it, but it was there when I chmoded and its still there under ls - what gives?

    I guess I'm going to have to wait until my new lab comes in and see how it works with knx-hdinstall. That's what you mean by a debian woody, right? I haven't used debian much....

    Thanx anyway!

    Regards,

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Quote Originally Posted by RockMumbles
    If after chmoding them they won't work it's because of something caused by knoppix or morphix, because they run on my woody install just fine.

    You may need to build a debian system for your server and use knoppix for your clients.

    rock
    OK, I tried both the rgXnetchess and the rgXnetchess_static binaries on my knx-hdinstalled PC and no go. Is this what you mean by a woody install? What am I missing here??

    TIA,

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Podunk, Idaho, USA
    Posts
    470
    Again you'll have to do a hd install but you might want to look into the FreeICS project, I think they have a sourceforge site.

    I don't use knoppix or morphix for hd installs except for playing around they usually last me a few weeks or so, I've had too many problems trying to get things how I want them and too many corrupted filesystems with knoppix, one just this week. Most of my knoppix use is running it live from cd.

    they run on my woody install just fine
    I use Libranet for a basic debian woody install and then build the system to my liking. I have better font rendering and a more stable system with "libranet" than with a knoppix or morphix hd install, and for some reason the knoppix and morphix installs seem slower on my old hardware. I use a bunch of backported packages so I have a "stable" system with pretty new packages installed. For me stability and reliability is the most important factor.

    rock

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix Chess
    By grandad in forum Games
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-01-2006, 12:46 AM
  2. software
    By Xpiral in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-07-2004, 03:38 PM
  3. new software
    By dougvega in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2003, 04:46 AM
  4. SOFTWARE
    By Doc in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2003, 06:43 AM
  5. Software
    By Zuggy in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00