-
qtparted, cfdisk and resizing ntfs
Hello,
I'm new in the Linux world and I recently tried to non-destructively resize my single NTFS partition into 2 smaller partitions so I could install Linux and a Linux swap file. I read a bunch of different things online that said 2 different things. Some said what I tried is not possible, others said it was and without defragmenting. So, I found some instructions for qtparted and followed them using a Knoppix 3.8 live CD and it didn't work, all it did was destroy my Windows installation (luckily I backed everything up.) I then read Knoppix doesn't have a good version of qtparted and that I should use a live cd that is specific for just qtparted, I don't remember the exact name or anything though. So, can you successfully and non-destructively resize an NTFS partition using qtparted or not and will you need to defragment first? Some say you can so what did I do wrong?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By duncang in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-24-2005, 01:18 PM
-
By downdogWoof in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 09:46 PM
-
By dresac in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 01:38 AM
-
By dtopper in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 08:43 AM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 01:49 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$489.96

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99