I am trying to remaster knoppix 3.6. I have got the hang of how to do it and also i tried removing some games and then burning the ISO to disk. It all worked fine.
I would be more than grateful if you can help me or advise on any of the below mentioned.
Now what i would like to do is :
1) because the knoppix 3.6 is in german, i would like it to be changed, so when i finish the remaster it is in UK English.
2) i want to install new packages. Could someone tell me the basics on how to setup the mirrors and how to install packages. I have read that you can install packages using apt-get install packagename and also apt-cache search packagename. I am a bit confused on which one and also how to setup the mirrors
3) i am also confused about uninstalling the packages. I have tried to uninstall openoffice-de-en and it told me that i cant due to the files being used by another package.
4) I have got a british keyboard and because i am remastering in runlevel2. When the cd loads i type 'knoppix 2 vga=normal lang=en', when i do a dpkg-query -l, it all goes really fast. I know there is a way to slow it down by dpkg-query -l | less, but i cant seem to find it on the keyboard. i know on the english language keyboard its altgr and the key left to '1', but because the language is set to en it doesnt work (i mean altgr and the key left to '1').
I am using the howto from http://www.virtualacuity.com/james/knoppix-howto/
Thanks

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00
Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48
Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98
Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49
Intel Xeon E5-2690 v4 SR2N2 14 Core 2.6GHz 35MB LGA2011-3 CPU *km
$15.99
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00
Dell Precision T5820 950W Workstation 4.00GHz W-2125 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$144.98