-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok,what is the basic requirements to enable internet connection in linux?
Actually,the computer is purchased by my father not me.
And I use DSL because its cheaper than dial-up.
If I use dial-up,my father had to pay about RM190 a month and if I use DSL,we only need to pay RM 66 a month no matter how long I use their services.And I think my modem(conexant) provide drivers for their modem.
And please someone help me to connect to internet?
-
Junior Member
registered user
If you're determined to get it to work then your best bet will be to go to the SourceForge driver project for your modem. They have a forum:
http://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=155749
If the driver requires you to recompile the Kernel I think you'll find it tricky to get it to work with the LiveCD though.
Best of luck, nonetheless.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Im already registering but have not yet posted my question because my account only be ready 24 hours later.
I think its better to solve problem here.
Please someone point me at right direction.
And big thanks to TheBoyMole and pihhan.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By ht3new2linux in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-10-2008, 04:08 AM
-
By Zenobia in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-17-2006, 02:18 PM
-
By jdmml in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-31-2004, 02:24 PM
-
By whizkid25 in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-07-2004, 08:47 AM
-
By bach_m in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-13-2003, 06:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core Ultra 5 235T SRQES CPU Processor Excellent Used Condition
$88.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 CPU 2.20GHz 22-Core 55MB 145W LGA2011-3 SR2JV Processor
$79.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99