-
USB Boot w/NTFS, Network support
I'm looking for a Linux Distribution that I can install on a USB drive that I can boot at any recent computer.
Here's what I want to be able to do:
Essentially, carry around my computer on a flash drive.
More practically, I want to be able to boot to my USB drive and have a Linux OS that will recognize NTFS partitions, be able to access a Network and perform rudimentary functions like email, Internet, Word Processing, etc.
Further, I want it to be a fluid system that I can change configurations, add or remove applications, save documents (to the USB drive in a docs folder) and update.
My purpose is two-fold. First, I want to experience the practicality of taking my own computer environment (complete with my current emails, documents, and other projects) with me everywhere I go without having to carry a laptop, etc. Second, I want to be able to use my 'computer' to access files on the 'host' pc and perform basic repair functions like virus and spyware scanning of the NTFS or FAT 'host' pc and maybe some other basic things.
Any suggestions? I've used Linux off and on for years, but I'm no technician - otherwise I'd have just built it myself.
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By kidsatacrux in forum Other Live CDs
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-26-2007, 08:06 PM
-
By codeforge in forum Knoppix DVD
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2005, 06:58 AM
-
By knoxx in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-16-2004, 07:13 PM
-
By 7of12 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 08:22 AM
-
By mb2263 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 09:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00