Have you tried booting the server side without the toram option?
Hi! I'm new here.... I'm trying to boot knoppix from a server but i've a problem: when i boot the server i type as cheat "knoppix toram", i start the tftp server and all works! But the client (that boot from a floppy with ethetboot), don't boot because can't find the CD.
Displayed error:
Trying to mount CD on "IP": failed
I need help...Anyone?
Thx
P.S: sorry 4 my bad english![]()
Have you tried booting the server side without the toram option?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Yes, i did. Any idea?Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
OK, let me be a little more clear. When you tried to boot the server without the toram option and then run the client, what happened?
That is, I assume the server still started, but tell us if it didn't. If it starred did the client then find the CD on the server by tftp? If that worked then we know it is related to the toram option, and I would suggest not using it. If it still didn't work then the toram option is just confusing things (but I would suggest not using it anyway until you get this resolved). Who knows, this may not even work with the toram option.
I have never got this to work myself. But you're not really telling us much about what you are doing. For example, rather than just sayiing "i start the tftp server and all works!", I would suggest that you tell us exactly what you typed to start the terminal server, and, for that matter, why you think it worked. If you are not giving enough information for someone else to do it then you are not giving enough information for someone to spot what is going wrong.

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99
Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99
1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00
Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99
Extron RGB-160XI Analog Computer Video 60-378-01
$127.06
Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00
Vintage Early Week 12 1984 Apple Macintosh 128K Computer M0001 w/Analog Board+
$209.99
VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00
VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67
RARE VINTAGE Kontron 80 Psi Compact Microcomputer Computer Germany Early 1980s
$399.99