Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Smart Boot Manager cannot see SCSI CDROM, how do I boot?

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    46

    Smart Boot Manager cannot see SCSI CDROM, how do I boot?

    I have a SCSI CDROM and Smart Boot Manager cannot see it.
    How can I get the CD to boot?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    348
    lothario:

    I don't believe that SCSI CD Rom drives are supported by Smart Boot Manager. All documentation I have seen relates to IDE atapi devices. I have had to specify the I/O details for an IDE CD Rom before, but that has little to do with SCSI.

    Since I have NO idea what type of hardware you have, other than a SCSI CD Rom, It's difficult to advise you of much more. Some SCSI adaptors have their own Bios menu and you may be able to configure the drive to boot there. You would have to check the SCSI adaptors documentation for more details. There might also be a configuration tool that can be used to set the drive to boot. Some systems simply do not support booting from an optical drive since they might be too old. There may be a way to configure a boot disk to use some SCSI drivers, but I have little information to offer, since I have little information on your hardware or even what CD you are trying to boot, and if it is Knoppix, what version the disk is.

Similar Threads

  1. Smart boot manager
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 05:58 PM
  2. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2004, 12:06 PM
  3. Smart boot manager
    By proto in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-23-2004, 06:22 PM
  4. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-18-2004, 08:25 PM
  5. Smart Boot Manager
    By proto in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 07:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$239.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good

$261.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro

$319.99



Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 picture

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11

$374.99



Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black

$313.00



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 3 14" FHD Laptop i5 12th Gen 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11

$329.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14

Lenovo ThinkPad L14 Gen 2 14" Laptop Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz 8GB RAM 256GB SSD

$124.99



Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black

$241.50



Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI picture

Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI

$144.00