I am using the knoppix remaster using scripts 'How to'. I have done everything correctly, but when i run the script (./knoppix-remaster /mnt/hda2/remaster), it starts to copy all the files onto my hda2, then at 70% an error comes up and its fast so i cant read it. and then it says in the 'how to' to select option number 1 chroot. But when i press the arrow key there are very unusual characters coming up and anything i type i cant see. I have been trying to remaster this for a week and have been having the same problem... Please help
Thanks
to UnderScore I have tried to disregard it, but when the error message comes up at 70% and then the menu comes up and then when i press the arrow key to select the next option which is 'Chroot.....' i get some an error like [[?? (?=something i cant remember), this keeps on happening everytime and when i press enter and when i type something like dpkg-query - l less, then the list appears, but i cant see anything that i am typing....and also when i type apt-get remove --purge <packagename> i get errors.....
Please help....
I cant understand why its doing this.
When the 70% error occurs, the screen will be messed up but the keyboard will still work. So use CTRL-C or type exit to logout of that terminal session and/or open up another terminal session and continue the remastering process. As I have commented in other posts, I have experienced this and it does not corrupt or prevent me from finishing the remaster.

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE Motherboard, INTEL CPU, COOLER Combo
$65.00
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99