Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: usb-serial CP2101 module, need help to recompile

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145

    usb-serial CP2101 module, need help to recompile

    I have a SE K300i mobile/cellular phone and a cheap 'noname' USB to serial data cable ('DCU-11 clone') based on a Silicon labs chip. A driver exist for this and is include in 2.6.12 (I'm on Knoppix 4.0). I know EXACTLY what I have to do to get this to work first time!!! - except.....

    lsusb shows it's vendor/product id to be 10ab:aa26 - this is different for each manufacturerand and is programmed into the Silabs chip.
    For the cp2101 module to work, I need to add the vend/prod id to cp2101.c (near the top of the file - in a list)
    I then need to recompile JUST the cp2101 module, not the kernel, as it can be loaded with modprobe, or hotplug when needed.

    I cannot find any kernel sources in Knoppix nor can I find the source code/tarball for cp2101 anywhere, not even at http://www.kernel.org/ (don't know where to look).

    Can anyone help me find a tarball/source/makefile etc??? please, please I am so close.....

    Author of cp2101 module is at http://www.microtron.org.uk/~craig/P.../CP2101Driver/

    This would help a load of people as this chip is quite generic, many use it and will have the same problem as the vend/prod ids will be different each time

    Stoo.....

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145
    I downloaded kernel 2.6.12.2 and habe located the cp2101.c source code - anyone any ideas from now?

    Stoo.....

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Midlands, UK
    Posts
    145
    Oh, well, I must be a neo-luddite, I just downloaded and burned Knoppix 5.0.1 (EN) and have found that this 'problem' has gone away, as the device I mention'd vend/prod have been included into this module, I also find that an earlier problem, with transfers over the irda port of this device being slow* (across a USB-irda dongle) are about as twice as fast as the direct USB..... sod's law notes that I bought a straight old-world serial (DB9) to K300i cable, now I really am showing my age.

    (my first program in BASIC was on punched cards for a mainframe as a batch in the early 70's - I was still at school)

    Time to backup my /home/foo directory and re-install Knoppix.....

    Stoo.....

    * http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...156&highlight=

Similar Threads

  1. How Do I recompile the 2.6.9 kernel in Knoppix 3.7
    By sakiZ in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2006, 02:37 AM
  2. How to recompile for i686 CPU's?
    By arkaine23 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-01-2005, 05:59 PM
  3. I can't recompile kernel 2.4.22-xfs
    By tmp001 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
  4. recompile kernel
    By BoopaMagal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2004, 12:03 PM
  5. How To Recompile cloop?
    By bongski55 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 06:41 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM) picture

Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)

$299.95



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$378.93



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell PowerEdge R640  8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge R640 8xSFF Server Barebone 2 x Heat Sink w / 2x 1100W PSU

$315.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5

Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S

$660.00