Have you rejected the obvious choice, install real Debian Etch? And if so why?
Hi
I was using Knoppix for a while, since Knoppix a la Mexicana (a remasterizing version to Mexico) (Knoppix 3.4) to last 5.01.
Still I don't have clear what method to pick is better: Beginner, Debian-like or Like CD.
I know some differences, between beginner and Knoppix-like, but sometimes in Debian-like some devices don't work, and for newbies is diffcult configure it. For that is better Begginer, but is not the recomended method. I read about Debian-like don't install all packages that Begginer do ¿is true?. I read about the methods to install, but is not enough for me. At internet I didn't found much information about this, only the essential, that Knoppix page say. ¿Anyone can say more?
Thanks
Have you rejected the obvious choice, install real Debian Etch? And if so why?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
Either do what Harry suggests or a HD install of Kanotix. Kanotix has the (possible) advantage of a neat installer with options to fix and upgrade from the next CD. It's based on unstable, which tends to be a bit more up to date than Etch (which -- if I'm up to date with Debian labelling) is testing.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos X16 ST12000NM001G 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$349.95