Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: REALLY Basic question about kxconfig!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1

    REALLY Basic question about kxconfig!

    I'm a really newbie to Knoppix and Linux, and I have a small problem.

    My screenresolution can't go above 1024 x768, and on other topics, people recommends running kxconfig.
    But how do I start this program, and how do I log in as root?
    I'm a complete newbie and don't know a thing about Linux or knoppix .
    Please help!

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    205

    Re: REALLY Basic question about kxconfig!

    Quote Originally Posted by itz_moi
    I'm a really newbie to Knoppix and Linux, and I have a small problem.

    My screenresolution can't go above 1024 x768, and on other topics, people recommends running kxconfig.
    But how do I start this program, and how do I log in as root?
    I'm a complete newbie and don't know a thing about Linux or knoppix :oops: .
    Please help!
    You don't need to log in as root to use kxconfig. You can use sudo kxconfig to run kxconfig as root.

    There are 3 ways to do this:
    1. Press Alt-F2, write sudo kxconfig to Command-box, and press Enter
    2. Go to KMenu->"Run Command", write sudo kxconfig to Command-box, and press Enter
    3. Start Konsole (one of the icons on the bottom of the screen), and write sudo kxconfig there and press Enter.

Similar Threads

  1. Very basic question on FTP support in Knoppix
    By svrfrmfaith in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-16-2006, 01:15 AM
  2. chmode question basic newbee
    By plener in forum Networking
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-21-2004, 01:01 AM
  3. VERY basic and probably dumb question
    By BeckBristow in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
  4. Basic Poor Mans - Question
    By Mic Q in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2004, 04:24 AM
  5. Basic Question!
    By hybridus in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:24 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS picture

Lenovo ThinkStation P520c Intel Xeon W-2133 6-Core 3.60GHz -NO RAM/ HDD/ GPU/ OS

$127.54



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX picture

For Parts - Lenovo ThinkServer TS460 Part Number: 70TT-0020UX

$149.99



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon W-3245 16-Core 3.2GHz (SRFFD) Apple MAC PRO A1991 CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-3245 16-Core 3.2GHz (SRFFD) Apple MAC PRO A1991 CPU Processor

$199.99



Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU picture

Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.8GHz 10-Core 25MB 8GT/s SR1A6 LGA2011 B Grade Server CPU

$7.95



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95 picture

HP Z440 Workstation TWR Xeon E5-1603 v3, 8GB RAM, NVS310, SB1570, NO SSD/OS #95

$89.99