-
REALLY Basic question about kxconfig!
I'm a really newbie to Knoppix and Linux, and I have a small problem.
My screenresolution can't go above 1024 x768, and on other topics, people recommends running kxconfig.
But how do I start this program, and how do I log in as root?
I'm a complete newbie and don't know a thing about Linux or knoppix
.
Please help!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: REALLY Basic question about kxconfig!

Originally Posted by
itz_moi
I'm a really newbie to Knoppix and Linux, and I have a small problem.
My screenresolution can't go above 1024 x768, and on other topics, people recommends running kxconfig.
But how do I start this program, and how do I log in as root?
I'm a complete newbie and don't know a thing about Linux or knoppix :oops: .
Please help!
You don't need to log in as root to use kxconfig. You can use sudo kxconfig to run kxconfig as root.
There are 3 ways to do this:
1. Press Alt-F2, write sudo kxconfig to Command-box, and press Enter
2. Go to KMenu->"Run Command", write sudo kxconfig to Command-box, and press Enter
3. Start Konsole (one of the icons on the bottom of the screen), and write sudo kxconfig there and press Enter.
Similar Threads
-
By svrfrmfaith in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-16-2006, 01:15 AM
-
By plener in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 01:01 AM
-
By BeckBristow in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 01:27 AM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2004, 04:24 AM
-
By hybridus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 10:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59