-
Can't apt-get the newest relase of a package
Hi,
I am currently using Knoppix 5.0.1, HD install.
I am trying to install Krita 1.5.1, but when I apt-get it, I can only install version 1.4.2. I apt-get updated my list, but there is no way I can get 1.5.1 version.
I am quite new to linux, and I am still studying how the apt-get works. I have read the apt-get/dpkg tutorial on this forum, and also man apt-get, and I still don't understand what I am supposed to do in order to install the version I want of a package.
this is my apt-cache policy krita
Code:
mmanu@scatoletta:~$ apt-cache policy krita
krita:
Installed: 1:1.4.2-7
Candidate: 1:1.4.2-7
Version table:
1:1.5.1-1 0
500 http://ftp.de.debian.org unstable/main Packages
*** 1:1.4.2-7 0
990 http://ftp.de.debian.org testing/main Packages
100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
As far as I understand, version 1.5.1 is already in the repositories, but the only package suitable for my system is the 1.4.2.
Now, what am I supposed to do in order to install the 1.5.1? Do I have to run an apt-get upgrade?
Thanks for your time.
Similar Threads
-
By johnrw in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-17-2008, 03:19 AM
-
By ang31-0f-d347h in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-03-2004, 11:39 PM
-
By PrOCesSkIlL in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:58 PM
-
By Tortoise in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 02:31 AM
-
By ktheking in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-22-2003, 08:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech
$747.99