-
How to configure Lilo to boot Knoppix?
Hi y'all, I'm a new Linuxn00b, but i have learnt a few things, like using the shell a bit and mounting devices and editing .conf-files and stuff like that.
My problem is that I can't boot my Knoppix.
It's my motherboard, an old Abit BE6-II with an PIII, and it can't boot from CD. It has the option in BIOS, but when I select it it ignores it, or don't boot at all if it's my only alternative. (Neither SMB or Grup worked.)So I did a simple copy from a comp that is fully functional and can boot from CD and run KNoppix. I didn't install it, I just ran
Code:
knoppix tohd=/dev/hda6
I didn't have much hard drive space left. It works fine, and I run Knoppix from the HDD. But when I shut down the computer and reboot, I can't run it again. I've also got a Slackware installation on the drive, which I boot with Lilo. Can I also boot Knoppix from the HDD with Lilo`? I've tried a lot of times, but i can't make it work. I'm editing the lilo.conf in slackware with vi.
Code:
image=/boot/vmlinuz
root=/dev/hdg6
is one of the settings what I've tried. When I use that, and then boot and select Knoppix in Lilo it boots normal, but then I get
Code:
Kernel Panic No init found. Try init=option
or something similar.
What should I do? Ask questions if something is unclear.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By hellospencer1 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-18-2006, 01:33 PM
-
By ed9598 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-02-2005, 02:18 AM
-
By Islander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-31-2004, 08:02 PM
-
By dakota201 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-10-2004, 04:23 PM
-
By JNeuhoff in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INFO/soft Character Generator Manual for Atari 3000/5000/7000 NTSC
$40.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari SX212 Modem for IBM Systems w/ Box, Owner's Manual & Power Adapter NOS
$125.00

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller
$29.99

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE
$34.25

Vintage Atari SF354 Floppy Disk Drive & Power Supply FOR PARTS OR REPAIR AS IS
$120.00