-
Knoppix 3.9 + NxServer - No X session
I have been fighting with Freenx and NoMachines Nxclient for a long time now, with little success. My main box is Mandriva 2006, and I can not get it talking to Ubuntu, it will not authenticate.
I decided to try Knoppix 3.9 as the server and the clinet is on my Mandriva box. I started up Nxserver, added user knoppix, with a passwork of test.
I get a session, all I see is the Available Sessions list come up. I can see the session from the server end as well if I do a nxserver --list.
I do not get a X session, although the available sessions list says under the display column '1000 kn'
Some questions, in my hosts.deny file I have an ALL:ALL denyal of service. In Hosts.allow file I have :
portmap: 192.168.1.20 , 192.168.1.21 , 192.168.1.22 , 192.168.1.23 , 192.168.1.13
lockd: 192.168.1.20 , 192.168.1.21 , 192.168.1.22 , 192.168.1.23 , 192.168.1.13
rquotad: 192.168.1.20 , 192.168.1.21 , 192.168.1.22 , 192.168.1.23 , 192.168.1.13
mountd: 192.168.1.20 , 192.168.1.21 , 192.168.1.22 , 192.168.1.23 , 192.168.1.13
statd: 192.168.1.20 , 192.168.1.21 , 192.168.1.22 , 192.168.1.23 , 192.168.1.13
sshd sshd1 sshd2 : 192.168.1.20 , 192.168.1.21 , 192.168.1.22 , 192.168.1.23 , 192.168.1.13
I set this up for NFS, and added the sshd line to allow for sshing... Is there some ervice I need to add to allow the X session???
If I'm way off base here, anyone got any ideas why I don't get a X session?
BTW, if you know of any documents that explain how to handle key files, for permissions, owner and location for this to work, I would be most appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By JormaH in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-25-2007, 07:04 PM
-
By holdman in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-18-2006, 08:56 PM
-
By mbgb14 in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-12-2006, 11:37 PM
-
By jgroenke in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 04:43 AM
-
By probono in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-30-2004, 02:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

A Mini Windows Server w Xeon E3 Processor & (2) 500GB Hard Drive-Home/Industrial
$319.00

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00