-
Network adapter installation
Hello,
I am completely new to Linux and Knoppix. I want to connect to the internet in Knoppix using my Intel 21140 Ethernet Card. How to I install it on Knoppix?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
I don't know anything about the Intel 21140, but do you know that Knoppix isn't recognizing it already? What are you trying to connect to? (Hint: Only correct answer is "a router".) If the answer is "a router" have you checked to see if you are already on the Internet? What is the output of ifconfig?
---
Verifying of md5 checksum and burning a CD at slow speed are important.
-
ifconfig output
knoppix@1[knoppix]$ ifconfig
lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:14 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:14 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:700 (700.0 b) TX bytes:700 (700.0 b)
I can't connect to the internet. When I try to open a web page in the browser it gives me an error.
Similar Threads
-
By JIMR122783J in forum Networking
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-25-2007, 03:42 PM
-
By johnsmith01 in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-28-2005, 02:37 AM
-
By tsugua in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 04:18 AM
-
By haYnguy in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-08-2004, 04:19 AM
-
By Hermanh in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49

MSI - B550M PRO-VDH WIFI (Socket AM4) AMD B550 MATX DDR4 Wi-Fi 6 Motherboard ...
$89.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock IMB-X1314 LGA 1700 Intel W680 DDR4 Quad display Micro-ATX Motherboard
$351.99

Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H Motherboard
$54.99