-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
mdhorton
So, if I am understanding you correctly, I am not losing any functionality by starting in failsafe, except for some convience of haveing Knoppix detect and setup everything for me.
Correct. I'm sure you are familiar with standard troubleshooting procedures- simplify, make it work at its minimal configuration and then add complexity to the issue. You have lost nothing by booting failsafe.
Everything is working ok, except the devices previously mentioned. I can burn cd's now. Could you tell me the relation of the horizontal and vertical sync rates. What I mean is, when I try to change my monitor, which is not listed, it only has a place to put in horizontal sync and vertical sync. I have not been able to find these #'s but I know the LCD can do 1600x1200.
It seems that you are using the KDE control center to make these adjustments. As I understand it you will need to reboot for any changes regarding your monitor made in the KDE control center to take effect. The actual configuration is in
/etc/X11/XFree86Config-4
If your resolution, hsync, vsync & color depth aren't listed you could add them. You may be able to see the format from the way the file is written. IIRC there are a multitude of resolutions, scan rates, color depth combinations available. Knoppix has a "one size fits all" XFree86Config-4 file. It's comparitively HUGE in an attempt to work on as many machines as possible.
Also, if I start the apm daemon the machine locks in KDE after a few minutes. It would be nice to know how much battery time is left but not a neccessity.
I'm afraid I'm not much help on that particualr issue. Of course there is always
/var/log/syslog
That may give you some insight on what's happening. Have you tried it with another desktop- ICEWM for example?
Similar Threads
-
By suvio in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-23-2005, 12:04 PM
-
By Felman in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-08-2004, 09:33 PM
-
By method in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 09:48 PM
-
By Jik in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-20-2004, 08:49 AM
-
By qeldroma in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-06-2004, 08:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad L13 Yoga Touch Laptop 13.3” Core i5 8GB RAM 256GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$239.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T495 14” Laptop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 16GB RAM 256GB SSD Windows 11
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Laptop 14” HD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$319.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2i 14" 16GB 512GB, Black
$313.00

Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 3 Laptop 14” FHD AMD Ryzen 5 16GB RAM 512GB SSD Win 11
$374.99

Lenovo Thinkpad T14 Gen 2 14" 16GB, Thunder Black
$387.46

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo IdeaPad 1 15AMN7 15.6" 8GB 512GB, ABYSS BLUE
$190.99